Monday, July 5, 2010

Mica Cabernet Sauvignon 2006, the second label of Buccella

Winepath and the others were raving about this wine but on the two occasions they tried it, I was not at the tasting (I am not sure that was intentional on their part or not). Finally Winepath got a bottle for me from Dean and Deluca. But before I could bust into the bottle, I injured my foot and I was in a removable walking cast and on NSAID for several days which precluded me from tasting any wine. Finally things were looking up and I had my chance.
We totally agree with Winepath that this is excellent. Nose is very distinctive and similar to Buccella wines. Deep black cherry aroma laced with caramel. This does not describe it adequately but it is rather unique.  Palate is very nicely front loaded with layers of black fruit, berries with caramel and vanilla but everything comes together so nicely with smooth glycerin mouth feel leading to firm but silky tannin and long lingering finish. This has a better PQR than Buccella and is almost as good.

No comments: